in: Handbook, Characters
Aniki is a Time Sweeper appearing in the introduction and ending cutscenes in Blinx: The Time Sweeper and Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space. He is most notable for discouraging Blinx's tendency to disobey CEO's orders in both games.
Aniki is described to be cool, collected and a reliable team leader. He appears much more experienced than many other Sweepers, maintaining a calm demeanour during the Tom Tom invasion.
Aniki is a notable worker at the Time Factory, fulfilling a variety of roles. He has a degree of authority over Time Sweepers, including Blinx and the backup team, and is also charged with maintaining the Mother Computer (if kicking it counts). His hat, absent in the standard Time Sweeper uniform, is likely an indication of this position. Though he possesses a TS-16000 LV3, he does not always carry his sweeper with him.
Prior to the World B1Q64 incident, Blinx was a member of Aniki's team. He sees himself as Blinx's older brother and is quick to rebuke Blinx, strongly discouraging Blinx's entry into World B1Q64 from the upper level of the warp room. Upon Blinx's return, however, he showed silent approval of his actions.
His involvement in the Big Crystal incident was somewhat greater, as he fought alongside Blinx during the Tom Tom invasion for the Time Factory and encouraged him to leave for the Ruins of Time, offering to hold off the intruders. Shortly after, he calls the backup team and orders them to leave with Blinx and gather information, leading to Chron, NecoJi, Pelon, and Picaro leaving for their respective worlds. Following the fight at World A000, he restored the Mother Computer to its original function, as it was shut off during the invasion.
Aniki (アニキ) is a Japanese honourable term for an older brother or a superior.
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
- "Blinx! What do you think you're doing?! World B1Q64 is done for - forget it!"
- “Listen to the CEO, Blinx. We can’t win this fight. But we can stall for time. Go on! Only you can fight the battle at the Ruins of Time.”
- “Backup team, assemble. Follow Blinx. Get information on the Big Crystal from all worlds. Move!”
- “You big ol’ brain. Come on, the fun’s all over with! Wake up!” (Aniki kicks part of the Time Factory structure, which is offscreen) “That should do--” (One of the gears from the ceiling drops on his head head painfully.) “Yeowch!”
- The colour of his hat and jacket is not avaliable in the custom character creation of MOTAS.
- His watch opens in response to the impact of the gear hitting his head in the MOTAS ending.
- He said "Oh!" upon impact but the subtitles say "Yeowch!".
- Aniki was previously nicknamed 'Technician' by fans prior to knowledge of his canon name.
Last updated on 12 Oct 2020